I asked ten members of my black, democratic Christian family members to participate in a small survey. The survey was a test of loyalty, but loyalty to whom? The survey consisted of the following questions:
1. Are you a Christian? If the answer is no please stop. If the answer is yes please continue.
2. Do you believe that abortion and homosexually are sins against God and man? If the answer is no, please state why they are not and then stop. If the answer is yes, please continue.
3. Did you vote for President Obama and other politicians that support abortion and homosexual relationships? If the answer is no stop. If the answer is yes, the final questions are as follows:
4. Why would you vote for people that openly support evils that God condemns when you could have voted for people that supports God’s values?
The survey responses are followed by my comments and commentaries on the responses.
M: I’m a Baptist cuz. I tell everyone I love them.
Sam: I do not understand your response, but thanks anyway.
Commentary: He did not answer any questions. He seems to be a fence sitter. He doesn’t want to offend anyone. Maybe he doesn’t know that Jesus came specifically to separate believers from unbelievers.
Matt 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (KJV)
L: Yes, yes, I (not God) wanted to see a black man in the office as president of the United States.
Sam: That’s an honest answer.
Commentary: While L shared his true reason, he hasn’t explained why he votes against his beliefs. He claims to be adamantly against abortion and homosexuality. I do not believe that his decisions are based solely on voting for Mr. Obama. If that were the case, he would not vote for other pro-abortion and pro-homosexual politicians. L has been voting against his interest before President Obama came on the scene. No L also seems to be seated on the fence. He apparently doesn’t understand that fence sitters in up with splinters in their posteriors.
Rev 3:15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.16 “So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. (NKJ)
J: I think that a lot of people voted for Obama including me because he is the first black President. God does forbid homosexuality but he is also a forgiving god and we are not to judge.
Sam: If you’d like, I can give you some insights on the judging thing. But I do have a follow up question. Isn’t repentance required before forgiveness? J did not respond to my follow up question.
Commentary: J spoke of God’s forgiveness, but never responded to my inquiry about repentance. She knows that Mr. Obama still holds anti-godly moral positions and has no intention of abandoning them. She apparently has no problem voting for politicians who support ungodly policies.
She also fails to understand the biblical principles of judging. How did she come to the conclusion that I was judging the president? How do you determine biblical fruit?
Matt 7:15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 “You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? (NKJ)
S: Yes, yes, I voted for Obama and honestly I voted for him not knowing that he supported either on those issues.
Sam: I did not ask S a follow up question.
Commentary: I wonder how S will vote in the future now that she knows what she knows. If given a choice, will she vote for the prolife and traditional marriage candidates?
B. I truly love you, but we are not having this conversation.
Sam: I did not ask B a follow up question, because my survey was not welcome.
Commentary: How can a loyal faithful Christian refuse to discuss the will, teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ? Which Jesus is she following?
Matt 10:33 But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven. (NIV)
D. Yes, yes. No I did not vote.
Sam: D was a senior in college at the time. He was pre-occupied with his academics.
Commentary: Like many young men and women, D is trying to find his place in the world. He has definite prolife and anti-homosexual opinions, but he is not politically astute. Once he decides to venture into the political process, hopefully his moral compass will guide his political decisions
JE. Yes, yes, yes. I believed the whole hype about the first African-American President, and promises of a better economy sounded very promising for me living in poverty. I realize now that I should have educated myself more before deciding so quickly, because I want to be sure that my morals and ethics align with who I vote for.
Commentary: The failure of President Obama’s economic policies caused JE to reconsider her vote. But what if those policies produced a robust economy? Would she still reconsider her decision? Would she still make sure that her morals and ethics agreed with her vote?
If we are firmly grounded and rooted in the word of God, neither good nor bad economies will influence our decision. Our decisions will be based solely on our understanding of God’s will.
Deut 6: These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. (NIV)
No responses were received from Sh, R or G.
My short unscientific family survey provided some interesting insights:
1. One member voted for politicians who support abortion and homosexuality without knowing their position on practices. Therefore, 10% voted against God out of ignorance.
2. One member did not vote, but claims to hold a strong pro-life and anti-homosexuality position. Therefore, 10% did not vote against the will of God.
3. One member knowingly voted for politicians who advocate policies against God, because of promises of prosperity. This member belatedly regrets the vote. Therefore 10% voted against God out of greed or perceived necessity.
4. One refused to discuss the issue. Another obfuscated by claiming universal love. Three others never responded to the survey. Therefore 50% of my professing Christian family members surveyed would not present a witness to Christ.
5. Two proudly defended their presidential votes based solely on the color of the candidate. L admitted his selfish reasoning; whereas, J express the necessity of our tolerance and God’s forgiveness. Both acknowledged the political sins against God and man; however, neither seems to be troubled about their continued support of politicians who stand against God. Therefore 20% gave unbiblical defenses for voting against God’s will for mankind.
No one took a biblical approach to voting. How can followers of Christ cast Him out of the voting booth? How can true Christian believers, vote against their beliefs? God never changes (Hebrews 13:8) and neither should we!
Christians must always defend God, protect the children and marriage. How can we allow for the destruction of God’s creation and expect Him to bless us:
Ps 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. (KJV)
Mark 10:14 But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. (KJV)
God made man for woman and woman for man. Who are we to change that?
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. (KJV)
1 Cor 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders (NIV)
Who are we to condone evil? If something is evil in God’s eyes, it must remain evil in our eyes. At all times must we see the world through the lens of Jesus Christ.
[widget widget_name=”avia_newsbox” widget_class_name=”newsbox” title=”Recommend for you” count=”4″ excerpt=”show title only”]